Allergy testing / Food Intolerance testing

Are you suffering from symptoms that medical diagnosis and treatment have failed to relieve?

  1. Persistent tiredness or low energy (not relieved by rest)
  2. Swelling eyelids, ankles, abdomen, mouth
  3. Sniffles during the summer months
  4. Excessive sweating (not related to exercise)
  5. Fluctuating weight gain or loss
  6. Stomach bloating, embarrassing wind, food hangover or IBS
  7. Skin rashes and/or itchy skin
  8. Recurring unexplained symptoms

Why not get tested for food / environmental intolerance. If you are affected by any of the above symptoms, they could be exacerbated by one or more toxins present in the body such as:

  • Candida Albicans
  • Yeast and fungal overgrowth
  • Heavy Metal toxicity
  • Parasites
  • Bacteria
  • Viruses

Candida Albicans

Candida albicans is a yeast which occurs naturally in everyone from the age of about 6 months old. Ordinarily it lives in balance with other bacteria in the bowel, also known as bowel flora. They make vitamins and assist with digestion and absorption in the intestine. They are also vital to the correct functioning of the immune system.

Candida albicans can become a problem when this natural balance becomes upset and an overgrowth of the yeast occurs in the body. This condition is referred to as Candidiasis.

Symptoms include:

  • digestive problems

  • diarrhoea

  • constipation

  • fatigue

  • depression

  • mood swings

  • itchy skin

  • acne

  • fungal infections

  • cravings for sweets, sugar and bread

Fungus and mould

Mould spores are prolific everywhere. They include the black mould that forms on window frames and others that are found on decaying food. Mould allergies are perennial and allergic people exhibit symtoms throughout the year, although levels rise in the autumn, during wet, mild weather and harvesting.

Moulds release spores and it is these spores that cause the allergic reactions in people. Spores are microscopic particles released by moulds in their thousands into the atmosphere. Spores contact skin and nasal bronchial membranes causing symptoms such as rhinitis, itchy eyes, eczema and asthma.

Heavy metals

There are many different heavy metals including lead, nickel, mercury etc.. They can contaminate the body through airborne pollutants such as petrol funes and other routes such as orthodontic braces, mercury filling, tattoes, smoking, piercings, canned foods and drinks, lead and copper water pipes etc… Some of the symptoms associated with heavy metals are

sinus problems, migraine headaches, skin complaints including itchy skin with no rash, flaky skin, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, itchy ears, sore and itchy eyes, mouth ulcers and fatigue etc.


There are many different types of bacteria that cause infections and acute illness in the body. These are usually treated with antibiotics but the bacteria can be persistent and dont fully respond to treatment and so reinfection occurs.


There are many different types of viruses that can affect the body in many different ways eg persistant and recurrant colds, flu, mumps, measles and respiratory infections etc.. Viruses can stay in the body for months or years.

Todays modern diets and lifestyles mean that many of us are eating the wrong foods for our individual bodies and causing various symptoms which in turn can lead to more serious complaints and illinesses. Testing for food and environmental intolerances with us could help you identify trigger foods and change the way you live your life.
Many intolerences affect a person slowly over time and can manifest themselves in various symptoms at different times.

Here at the Saffron Clinic we focus on finding solutions to your food intolerance problems by identifying:

  • Food Intolerances
  • Environmental Intolerances
  • Chemical Intolerances
  • Mineral and Vitamin deficiences
  • Toxins present in your body

We then advise a programme of treatment to eliminate toxins and improve health.

At the Saffron Clinic our food/environmental intolerance test is very extensive. It identifies over 900 different foods, products, chemicals, additives and metals that a person can be sensitive to.
The test is non invasive and does not involve blood tests. It is suitable for all including infants. Results are available immediately.

Note: The test is not intended as an alternative to a medical examination but rather as a complementary aid to health and wellbeing. It is important that any symptoms of concern be checked by a medical practitioner before consultation. We never recommend you to stop taking your prescribed medicines. If you are considering reducing or stopping prescribed medications you should consult your GP/prescribing physician.